YELLOW readiness state (from 17th May 2021)
The current guidance is copied below:
Readiness level: YELLOW
- Section meetings can take place outdoors and indoors.
- Limited small group residential activities may take place.
Maximum group size:
Activities involving young people:
- no limit on group size but remain as only one section meeting independently of others.
- Indoor activities will be limited by the size of the location whilst social distancing remains.
- Scout Network programmed activities (non social): 30 people maximum.
Adult activities (non-social) with no young people present:
- Adults may meet in small groups for the purposes of providing the charity’s purpose. Full details in: getting adults involved again guidance.
- Nights away activities may take place with a maximum of 6 people within the group (including young people, volunteers and carers).
- COVID measures such as social distancing and good hygiene remain in place (even overnight).
- Groups must remain independent of others and lateral flow testing must take place immediately prior to departure and every 48-72hrs throughout the trip and on return.
Note: Where small sections may struggle to be viable to operate independently they may join with another section at this time.
Note: The number of adults present should be limited to those who are required to be present to support the activity. It’s important to remember that we’re still in the middle of the pandemic and we all have the duty to make sure we’re following the letter and spirit of the guidance.
Note: Activities (including those away from your usual meeting place) should be planned to minimise risk by limiting travel at all times. Check the guidance on planning activities in terrain zero. Trips should only take place where the outcomes can not be achieved locally and must be in a COVID safe manner.
This status can change in detail, revert to AMBER, or RED at any time, or may be lowered to GREEN (yes please!!).